[seedig] Today: SEEDIG 7 planning meeting (17:00 CET)

sorina.teleanu at seedig.net sorina.teleanu at seedig.net
Tue Dec 8 13:32:17 CET 2020

Dear SEEDIG community,

This is a kind reminder about today's online meeting dedicated to
discussing the planning process for SEEDIG 7. Please see the Zoom
details below.

Topic: SEEDIG 7 planning
Time: Dec 8, 2020 05:00 PM CET

Join Zoom Meeting
https://intgovforum.zoom.us/j/93936433478

Thank you! And hope to see many of you online.

Best,

Sorina

On 2020-12-04 16:05, sorina.teleanu at seedig.net wrote:

> Dear SEEDIG community,
>
> We would like to kindly invite you to the first SEEDIG 7 planning
> meeting, taking place on Tuesday, 8 December, 17:00 CET.
>
> As announced before, we will discuss the overall plans for SEEDIG 7 [1]
> and collect suggestions on topics such as the call for issues, the
> approach for building the programme, the meeting format, etc. (while
> also considering the SEEDIG 6 experience).
>
> Please find the Zoom details below and attached.
>
> Thank you. And we look forward to the discussions.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Sorina
>
> (on behalf of the Executive Committee)
>
> ---
>
> Topic: SEEDIG 7 planning
> Time: Dec 8, 2020 05:00 PM CET
>
> Join Zoom Meeting
> https://intgovforum.zoom.us/j/93936433478
>
> On 2020-12-01 16:36, sorina.teleanu at seedig.net wrote:
>
>> Dear SEEDIG community,
>>
>> Following several discussions within the Executive Committee and with
>> our partners in Moldova, we would like to provide some updates
>> regarding the plans for SEEDIG 7.
>>
>> As already announced before and during SEEDIG 6, Moldova is kindly
>> willing to host the next SEEDIG meeting, if the global and regional
>> health circumstances allow it. Based on this year's experience, the
>> plan is to have SEEDIG 7 in September 2021 (exact dates to be
>> determined). At this point, however, it is difficult to assess whether
>> we will be able to indeed meet in Chisinau next September. This is why
>> we would like to kick start the planning process in January and
>> consider different scenarios for the format of SEEDIG 7 (in situ
>> meeting, online meeting, hybrid meeting). As we go ahead with the
>> usual planning work (please see an indicative timeline here [1]), we
>> will continue to assess the situation and adapt accordingly. A final
>> decision on the format of SEEDIG 7 should be taken by mid-May 2021.
>>
>> We would like to host an online public meeting in the week of 7
>> December, to discuss the overall plans for SEEDIG 7 and collect
>> suggestions and ideas on topics such as the call for issues, the
>> approach for building the programme, the meeting format, etc. (while
>> also considering the SEEDIG 6 experience). To help us identify a
>> suitable day and time, we kindly invite you to fill out this Doodle
>> poll [2] by Friday, 4 December, 12:00 noon CET.
>>
>> On a different note, we would also like to inform you that the partial
>> election process for the Executive Committee will be launched in
>> January (once the holiday season is over); an election calendar will
>> be developed meanwhile.
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Sorina
>>
>> (on behalf of the SEEDIG Executive Committee)

Links:
------
[1] https://seedig.net/seedig7/
[2]