[seedig] SEEDIG 7: Timeline & invite to planning meeting

sorina.teleanu at seedig.net sorina.teleanu at seedig.net
Tue Dec 1 15:36:45 CET 2020

Dear SEEDIG community,

Following several discussions within the Executive Committee and with
our partners in Moldova, we would like to provide some updates regarding
the plans for SEEDIG 7.

As already announced before and during SEEDIG 6, Moldova is kindly
willing to host the next SEEDIG meeting, if the global and regional
health circumstances allow it. Based on this year's experience, the plan
is to have SEEDIG 7 in September 2021 (exact dates to be determined). At
this point, however, it is difficult to assess whether we will be able
to indeed meet in Chisinau next September. This is why we would like to
kick start the planning process in January and consider different
scenarios for the format of SEEDIG 7 (in situ meeting, online meeting,
hybrid meeting). As we go ahead with the usual planning work (please see
an indicative timeline here [1]), we will continue to assess the
situation and adapt accordingly. A final decision on the format of
SEEDIG 7 should be taken by mid-May 2021.

We would like to host an online public meeting in the week of 7
December, to discuss the overall plans for SEEDIG 7 and collect
suggestions and ideas on topics such as the call for issues, the
approach for building the programme, the meeting format, etc. (while
also considering the SEEDIG 6 experience). To help us identify a
suitable day and time, we kindly invite you to fill out this Doodle poll
[2] by Friday, 4 December, 12:00 noon CET.

On a different note, we would also like to inform you that the partial
election process for the Executive Committee will be launched in January
(once the holiday season is over); an election calendar will be
developed meanwhile.

Thank you!

(on behalf of the SEEDIG Executive Committee)

Links:
------
[1] https://seedig.net/seedig7/
[2]