[seedig] Partial elections for SEEDIG Executive Committee: Call for volunteers for Election Committee & Election calendar

Sorina Teleanu sorina.teleanu at seedig.net
Fri Oct 18 19:58:32 CEST 2019

Dear everyone,

Many thanks to Barbara, Kristina, Oliana and Sabrina for volunteering to
be part of the Election Committee. Ladies, your stepping in for this
role is very much appreciated.

Meanwhile, some of SEEDIG's supporting organisations have also expressed
interest in joining the Committee as observers, and others are expected
to follow suit. We thank them for this as well.

The composition of the Election Committee will be announced on 22
October, in line with the election calendar. From that date on, all
communications related to the election process will be taken over by the
Election Committee.

On 2019-10-18 15:40, Sabrina Vorbau wrote:

> Dear Sorina and all,
>
> I would like to volunteer as well for the election committee.
>
> Thank you for this opportunity!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Sabrina
>
> FROM: seedig <seedig-bounces at lists.rnids.rs> ON BEHALF OF Oliana Sula via seedig
> SENT: Friday, 18 October 2019 13:13
> TO: Kristina Hakobyan <hakkrist at gmail.com>
> CC: Seedig <seedig at rnids.rs>
> SUBJECT: Re: [seedig] Partial elections for SEEDIG Executive Committee: Call for volunteers for Election Committee & Election calendar
>
> Dear all,
>
> I would like to volunteer for election committee as well.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 18 Oct 2019, at 13:01, Kristina Hakobyan via seedig <seedig at lists.rnids.rs> wrote:
>
> Dear Sorina and all,
>
> I would like to volunteer for the election committee.
>
> On Fri, Oct 18, 2019, 04:36 Sorina Teleanu <sorina.teleanu at seedig.net> wrote:
>
> Dear SEEDIG community,
>
> In September - November 2017, SEEDIG held elections [1] for its Executive Committee, in line with the community-approved Terms of Reference (ToR). Following these elections, five members were elected for different terms [2]: two members for a two-year term, and three members for a three-year term. In November 2019, the terms of two Executive Committee members (Su Sonia Herring and Sasho Dimitrijoski) expire, and we thank our colleagues for their valuable contributions to SEEDIG so far.
>
> In line with the ToR, A PARTIAL ELECTION PROCESS IS HEREBY LAUNCHED [3] FOR THESE TWO SEATS. SEEDIG community members who meet the eligibility criteria (as per the ToR), including the two Executive Committee members whose terms are expiring, are eligible for election for the two seats.
>
> The initiation of the election process consists of announcing the election calendar and launching a call for volunteers to serve on the Election Committee.
>
> 1. ELECTION CALENDAR
>
> As per Art.6.2. of the ToR, please find here the calendar for the overall election process [4].
>
> 2. CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS TO SERVE ON THE ELECTION COMMITTEE
>
> As per Art.6 Section B of the ToR, the election process is to be managed by a three-member Election Committee. The main tasks of the Committee are outlined here [5].
>
> SEEDIG COMMUNITY MEMBERS WILLING TO VOLUNTEER FOR THE ELECTION COMMITTEE ARE INVITED TO EXPRESS THEIR INTEREST VIA THIS MAILING LIST, BY MONDAY, 21 OCTOBER, END OF DAY. A simple expression of interest is enough, no elaborated motivation letters are required.
>
> Kindly note that the seats on this Committee are to be filled in on a first come first served basis. Those who plan to run for elections are disqualified from volunteering or appointment on the Election Committee. The Committee may also include observers from among SEEDIG supporting organisations (as per Art. 6.8).

> [...]

Links:
------
[1] https://seedig.net/elections-2017/
[2] https://seedig.net/voting-process-seedig-executive-committee/