[seedig] Start of SEEDIG 6 cycle: Overview of the planning process

Sorina Teleanu sorina.teleanu at seedig.net
Tue Oct 1 11:57:46 CEST 2019

Dear SEEDIG community,

As per tradition, 1 October marks the start of a new SEEDIG cycle. So
today we officially launch the planning process for our sixth annual
meeting (SEEDIG 6), with the call for issues [1].

As usual, this is a joint SEEDIG-EuroDIG call for issues, so you can
suggest topics for discussion at SEEDIG, EuroDIG or both. A separate
email will be sent today with more details about the call, inviting you
to contribute and help us spread the word.

The call for issues is only the first step in the planning process for
SEEDIG 6. Other steps and an indicative timeline for the overall process
are described on a dedicated webpage [2]. Please note that the described
process has been put together based on lessons learnt during the SEEDIG
5 cycle. For example, it keeps the Programme Committee approach for
building the SEEDIG 6 programme, but it suggests that the committee is
formed earlier in the process. The timeline is indicative at this stage
and can be further amended, based on your input.

And one more important thing: The host for SEEDIG 6 has not yet been
decided, but discussions are ongoing with several potential hosts. More
details on this will be shared with you soon.

Thank you!

Best,

Sorina

SORINA TELEANU