[seedig] A happy summer from the SEEDIG team!

SEEDIG Executive Committee sorina.teleanu at seedig.net
Tue Jul 30 15:15:35 CEST 2019

View this email in your browser (https://mailchi.mp/a801ad69f200/a-happy-summer-from-the-seedig-team?e=ac7dd7f878)

** A happy summer from the SEEDIG team!
Dear friends,

Midsummer is here and so is the time for vacations. We won't take much of your time, but we would like to share with you a few reminders and updates.

1. Digital policy in SEE+: A look back at this year's first six months

Our monthly SEEsummary keeps track of digital policy developments across the region. A look back at this year's first six months tells us there was a lot going on, in different digital policy areas. Several countries started working on 5G plans and strategies, while others launched new initiatives to ensure Internet access at national level. Draft laws and regulations have been prepared in areas such as e-commerce, electronic media, ride-hailing services, and information security. And the roaming agreement between Western Balkans economies was quite a major achievement this year.

Have you missed any of our summaries? Or would you like to refresh your memory on what has happened since January? Visit our dedicated SEEsummary webpage (https://seedig.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=08c11a524f02d5fe3eaf2868c&id=24f8db0694&e=ac7dd7f878)  and go through the archive.

2. Calls for comments: Digital cooperation & Contract for the web

Summer is usually quiet, so it would be a good time to add your contributions to two calls for comments which are open until September.
* EuroDIG is inviting European stakeholders (https://seedig.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=08c11a524f02d5fe3eaf2868c&id=68e434cc7f&e=ac7dd7f878) to share their views on 'The Age of Digital Interdependence' report released by the UN Secretary-General's High-level Panel on Digital Cooperation.
* The Web Foundation welcomes feedback (https://seedig.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=08c11a524f02d5fe3eaf2868c&id=0fb985a43d&e=ac7dd7f878) on the first version of the Contract for the Web. Developed in a multistakeholder fashion, the draft Contract outlines commitments for governments, companies and individuals to build a better web.

We believe both initiatives would benefit from the views of SEE+ stakeholders, so we kindly encourage you to contribute.

3. Stay tuned: A new SEEDIG cycle and new activities

A new SEEDIG cycle will start in October. We owe you news about the host for SEEDIG 6 and we are working on it. Meanwhile, it is never too early to start thinking about what you would like to discuss at SEEDIG 6.

As we prepare for a new cycle, we also have new activities in the making. One will be a school on digital policy and innovation (SIDI), where SEEDIG will act as a partner, joining the National University of Political Studies and Public Administration in Bucharest and ICANN. The week-long school will take place in Bucharest in December and a call for applications will be launched in September; more details (website, deadlines, other partners etc.) coming up soon. And, yes, we are also looking carefully into issues recently raised by you: a legal entity for SEEDIG, a communications strategy, improved outreach plans, and an enhanced SEEsummary.

This is it from us, for now.

A happy and relaxing rest of the summer to you all!

SEEDIG Executive Committee
SEEDIG 5 at a glance

Messages from SEEDIG 5 (https://seedig.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=08c11a524f02d5fe3eaf2868c&id=13d5be2f89&e=ac7dd7f878)
Session recordings (https://seedig.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=08c11a524f02d5fe3eaf2868c&id=4aed73b0f5&e=ac7dd7f878)  and photos (https://seedig.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=08c11a524f02d5fe3eaf2868c&id=95c153bcd3&e=ac7dd7f878)
SEEDIG 5 in numbers (https://seedig.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=08c11a524f02d5fe3eaf2868c&id=0cf08c107a&e=ac7dd7f878)
Youth School outcome (https://seedig.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=08c11a524f02d5fe3eaf2868c&id=7a8f0b7975&e=ac7dd7f878)
Aiming for a healthy, sustainable and inclusive digital advancement of SEE+

#seedig2019, #seedig5

https://seedig.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=08c11a524f02d5fe3eaf2868c&id=e4d2570c64&e=ac7dd7f878
https://seedig.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=08c11a524f02d5fe3eaf2868c&id=85df6bb9ec&e=ac7dd7f878
https://seedig.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=08c11a524f02d5fe3eaf2868c&id=a2c34bba57&e=ac7dd7f878
https://seedig.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=08c11a524f02d5fe3eaf2868c&id=a7005138a0&e=ac7dd7f878
mailto:execom at seedig.net
https://seedig.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=08c11a524f02d5fe3eaf2868c&id=dda752a03d&e=ac7dd7f878
https://seedig.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=08c11a524f02d5fe3eaf2868c&id=980a35e1ac&e=ac7dd7f878
https://seedig.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=08c11a524f02d5fe3eaf2868c&id=45c9ae1a6f&e=ac7dd7f878

.

This email was sent to seedig at rnids.rs (mailto:seedig at rnids.rs)
why did I get this? (https://seedig.us19.list-manage.com/about?u=08c11a524f02d5fe3eaf2868c&id=0a4994c5af&e=ac7dd7f878&c=a517c0a87c)     unsubscribe from this list (https://seedig.us19.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=08c11a524f02d5fe3eaf2868c&id=0a4994c5af&e=ac7dd7f878&c=a517c0a87c)     update subscription preferences (https://seedig.us19.list-manage.com/profile?u=08c11a524f02d5fe3eaf2868c&id=0a4994c5af&e=ac7dd7f878)
SEEDIG . Bucharest . Bucharest 020337 . Romania

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp
http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=08c11a524f02d5fe3eaf2868c&afl=1