[seedig] SEEDIG - partner for the first IGF Hu & call for action

Ioana Stupariu Stupariu_Ioana at phd.ceu.edu
Thu Jul 11 16:48:54 CEST 2019

Dear all,

Allow me to extend the below invitation to all of you to help develop the Internet Governance arena in Hungary and the region, regardless of your country or location. SEEDIG is a partner of the event, so if you could help spread the invite, that would be amazing.

Given that this event coverage overlaps geographically with our region, let me encourage you to send your ideas of topics for discussion and speakers by July 15. Since this is Hungary's very first IGF, any input would be more than appreciated. Do send us ideas for speakers or topics you think are discussion-worthy, even if you cannot participate: it is important just to have our voice, as SEEDIG, heard.

Briefly about the event: it is organized on September 12, during Internet Generation Day, the 4th day of ITU. It is the first ever IGF hosted by Hungary, targeting the V4 countries and the region, alongside Hungary.

You can find more on the website<https://www.igfhungary.hu/index.html> or can contact me directly.

Have a lovely week,

Ioana

[IGF 2019 header]<https://igfhungary.hu/>
        <https://igfhungary.hu/> NEWSLETTER     View it in your browser<https://igfhungary.hu/newsletter/newsletter_igf_190626.html>

CALL FOR PROPOSALS

You are invited to submit proposals for topics and speakers for the very first Internet Governance Forum (IGF) Hungary, which will take place on September 12, in Budapest, Hungary. The one-day conference, held in English, will aim to discuss Internet Governance matters of relevance to Hungary and the region, especially, but not exclusively, the 4 Visegrad countries.

The Internet Governance Forum (IGF) is a multi-stakeholder forum for policy dialogue on issues of Internet governance. Organized under the United Nations patronage, it brings together all stakeholders in the Internet governance debate, including governments, the private sector, civil society, as well as the technical and academic community, on an equal basis and through an open and inclusive process. For the first time, we intend to bring the platform to Hungary as well and organize the first ever IGF hosted by Hungary, targeting the V4 countries and the region, alongside Hungary.

In organizing the event, we seek to follow open, transparent, inclusive, non-commercial and multistakeholder participation principles. Therefore, we welcome proposals from the Internet Governance community, regardless of country, experience, age or background, as follows:

(1) Proposals for topics or themes to be discussed, depending on your particular interest.
(2) Proposals for speakers to be invited at the event, as guest speakers or as panelists in the three panels in the agenda.

All proposals, both for topics and for speakers, should be accompanied by a brief justification. When nominating a speaker other than yourself, bear in mind that you need to secure that person’s confirmation before proposing him/her. Once you received it, we kindly ask you to send us his/her contact details, as well as a short professional bio to support the nomination.

You can also nominate yourself as a speaker, as well as propose both topics and speakers. Alongside your proposal, please send us your contact details (Name, Role, Email, Country), as well as a statement on whether you accept to be publicly named as the official proposer of the topic/speaker.

When proposing a speaker, bear in mind that the organizing team does not cover any travel or accommodation costs. All selected speakers should cover their own participation costs.

All proposals should be submitted via email at info at igfhungary.hu<mailto:info at igfhungary.hu>. The deadline to submit proposals is July 15, 2019.

The selection of speakers will be made in order to ensure a fair and accurate representation of the society, taking into account the gender and regional diversity, inclusion and multi-stakeholderism principles. Panels and conference topics for discussion will be decided based on the results of the call for proposals. All speakers selected will be notified by the end of July.

        IGF Hungary

        [IGF logo] <https://igfhungary.hu/>

        www.igfhungary.hu<https://igfhungary.hu/>

        © IGF 2019 Hungary

Ioana Stupariu
SJD Candidate - International Business Law
Central European University
Department of Legal Studies
Nador u. 11, 1051 Budapest, Hungary
Phone: +40744251228