[seedig] And now something different - SEEsummary

Sorina Teleanu sorina.teleanu at seedig.net
Tue Jul 2 13:42:57 CEST 2019

Hi, everyone.

Dusan, thank you for these in-depth suggestions regarding the
_SEEsummary_. The Editorial Team is currently considering them and we
will get back to you for a more detailed discussion (and some questions
for clarifications).

Meanwhile, we kindly encourage other community members to either comment
on these suggestions or make any other recommendation regarding the
_SEEsummary_. The Editorial Team would be glad to receive more opinions,
which could then serve as a basis for enhancing the summary.

Best,

Sorina

(as coordinator of the _SEEsummary)_

On 2019-06-30 19:44, Dušan Stojičević wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> DISCLAIMER> I apologize In advance, I believe that email meets Sorina's standards, regarding the number of chars.
>
> You all know what is SEEsummary, right? Well, it's defined something like this - a monthly report on IT developments in SEE region.
>
> In reality, this is news aggregation from IT and IGF in the region. And can it be somehow improved or maybe, earn some money? I believe it can, and for a long time I was suggesting this>
>
> 1.      Imagine a web site SEESUM.net. Classic news aggregation web site, and a lot of links.
>
> 2.      Instead of filling with content already rich web site SEEDIG.NET, this can be separate dedicated site just for this project.
>
> 3.      The website will have same human structure (editorial like now), no need for further engagement of new people.
>
> 4.      Google Ads, banners and other ads can bring some money to this project. With good SEO and good design, it can become a IT news website - we surely have some reports from the field written by our people.
>
> 5.      Of course, FB, TW and rest should be opened for SEESUM (whoever wants to step up with better name for the project - be my guests), and maintained, to share the news.
>
> 6.      There is a lot of energy spent so far, but we didn't make for few years any major breakthrough with this because it's not visible (or obvious) on seedig website that we have this website. If you want to tell me - "but there is a menu, and there are links here and there" - don't - it's not visible.
>
> 7.      To build an audience, besides writing, there should be energy in promoting SEESUM on places like IGF, SEEDIG and all other events, online and ofline.
>
> 8.      We would erase deadlines, and this would not be MONTHLY, but real time news from the region regarding IT development. (with few days delays in publishing the news).
>
> 9.      On this websites, SEEDIG can publish results from surveys like any news and it will be reaching more people.
>
> 10.   For SEEDIG meeting, we can publish hard copy of annual brochure on development in SEE. If you like the feel of paper so much…
>
> Anyhow, we have here a lot of journalists, who can say their opinion on this idea. I have outlined this idea from my role of a "linkman" - almost regularly sending links on news and occasionally writing some texts. I believe that there is a lot of details which needs to be solved along the way, but - crucial parts are in this 10 points.
>
> And, if the project starts to earn money, it can be a good platform for further development of this news website and SEEDIG itself.
>
> Also, behind this project, right now, there is a hidden accomplishment which I value the most - young generations, by volunteering, can have unique school on journalism.
>
> Who knows, Pulitzer is next? ;)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dusan
>
> Ex Editor-in-chief

> [...]