[seedig] SEEDIG 2018: Public comment on draft programme, theme, and survey topic

Kristina Olausson Olausson at etno.eu
Fri Feb 9 17:48:19 CET 2018

Dear SEEDIG secretariat,

Thank you for the opportunity to comment on the programme you have prepared for this year’s SEEDIG conference. ETNO remains committed to be part of a dialogue on Internet Governance issues in the South-East European region as many of the issues addressed are key for our members.

We think it is good to see so many of the topics being aligned under a larger umbrella topic of the “data economy”. It is high on the European Digital Agenda and getting input from views of regional stakeholders would be valuable. We also think that the programme has a good mix of sessions addressing digital skills, network and platform neutrality and cybersecurity.

We think this is also captured in sessions “Data economy: Balancing industry needs and human rights” and “Cybersecurity: National frameworks and regional cooperation”. We think it is important to ensure industry participation in these discussions as private actors will be key to developing solutions to both privacy issues and cybersecurity. With regards to the latter topic, we noted that the exact title was put to the session in the last SEEDIG in 2017 and that a session with a similar title was also in the 2016 programme. We therefore think it is important to use the output and take-aways from previous years to avoid a repetition of the discussions.

ETNO also believes it is important to address SEEDIGs place in the overall Internet Governance global framework. Therefore it is good that session (S8) “Internet governance in SEE: Adding new pieces to the puzzle” is at the end of the conference to take stake of the discussions and outcomes of the sessions.

We look forward to taking part in the following organising process of the individual sessions.

Best regards,
ETNO team

Kristina Olausson
Policy Officer | ETNO
T:  +32 2 227 10 85
M:  +32 478 78 29 34
E:  olausson at etno.eu<mailto:olausson at etno.eu>
A: Boulevard du Régent 43-44, 1000 Brussels, Belgium

[cid:image001.png at 01CFED20.E26FFC40]

Connect with us on:
    [Proximus Twitter] <https://twitter.com/ETNOAssociation>  [Proximus LinkedIn] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/european-telecommunications-network-operators'-assocation-etno->   [http://aibotek.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Flicker-Icon.png] <https://www.flickr.com/photos/124377054@N05/>