[seedig] Role of former SEEDIG Hosts?

Anja Gengo anja.gengo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 10:06:16 CEST 2017

Dear All,

Given the excellent progress on developing the ToR for the Executive
Committee, I wanted to briefly ask if the SEEDIG respective community
should think about giving a possibility for the former Hosts of the SEEDIG
annual meetings, to continue having a say in the future SEEDIG processes.

I know some of the NRIs colleagues have this practice, as well as the IGF,
where the seat on the multistakeholder core organizing teams is given to
the Host Countries.
It could be seen as a way of showing respect toward those that were the
direct drivers of the process implementation with making possible for the
annual meeting to be hosted for the SEEDIG community.
And of course, every next Host could most certainly benefit from the
experience the former Hosts have. This option would be alternative,
depending on the Hosts final decision.

Just an idea, for the SEEDIG respective community to think of.

Thank you, and good luck with the election process!

Best regards,

Anja