[icann-see] SEE hub: Internet governance in November 2016 | 29 November 2016 | 12:00 UTC

Dusan Stojicevic dusan at dukes.in.rs
Mon Nov 21 21:11:14 CET 2016

Dear all,

And now something completely different (tm-Monty Python :))>

The Internet governance in November 2016 briefing takes place on

Tuesday, 29th November, at 12:00 UTC (13:00 CET).

In parallel, a South Eastern European hub is organised in Belgrade and
online. Join our SEE hub, to follow the global briefing and discuss regional

implications and developments. Fill in the registration form
<https://www.diplomacy.edu/registrations/see-hub-internet-governance-novembe
r-2016>  to reserve your place. By registering for the SEE hub, you also
register for the Geneva hub (online participation).

Agenda (UTC)

11.30 - 12.00            Networking at the Belgrade venue (For in-situ
participants)

12.00 - 12.45            Following the global IG briefing (Connecting to the
Geneva briefing, from Belgrade and by online participants)

12.45 - 13.30            Discussing SEE implications and developments
(Connecting to the SEE hub online room, from Belgrade and by online
participants)

In order to prepare yourself better for the SEEhub discussion, we are
presenting first:

Topic of the month: Shutdown of Internet services: what are the
consequences?

Over the past two months, several governments in the region have taken steps
to limit/restrict access to the Internet or to certain online services.

Invitation and more on topic of the month, you can find in attached
document.

Cheers,

Dusan

p.s. - Specially for all ex-YU participants, I wish you happy ex-Republic
Day (29 November) and invite you to celebrate this together during SEEhub.
;)

---