[icann-see] SEEDIG's contribution to the IGF intersessional work - Call for input. DL: 31 August

Sorina Teleanu sorinat at diplomacy.edu
Fri Aug 5 16:05:38 CEST 2016

Dear all,

As you might know, the Internet Governance Forum
<http://www.intgovforum.org> has launched a call for public input
<http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/policy-options-for-connection-the-next-billion/cenb-ii#about>
on Phase II of the inter-sessional project 'Policy Option for Connecting
and Enabling the Next Billion'.
<http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/policy-options-for-connection-the-next-billion/cenb-ii#about>
All IGF stakeholders, including national and regional IGF initiatives, are
invited to contribute their views and experiences, especially by
emphasising local and regional specificities, challenges and success
stories in terms of policies aimed at connecting more individuals and
enabling them to take advantage of the opportunities offered by the
Internet.

We believe it would be important and worthwhile for SEEDIG, as a
sub-regional initiative, to  contribute to the IGF intersessional work. In
order to do so, we are proposing *an online process that would allow us to
collect contributions from the Internet community in South Eastern Europe
and the neighbouring area, compile them, and submit them to the IGF
Secretariat as SEEDIG's contribution. *

For this, *we kindly invite you to review the IGF call, and send us your
input.* This input may take various forms, *from a simple reflection of
your views on the proposed theme ('Policy Option for Connecting and
Enabling the Next Billion'), to concise answers to one or more of the
specific questions outlined in the call
<http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/policy-options-for-connection-the-next-billion/cenb-ii#contribute>.*

Please send your input *via this mailing list by 31 August.* We will then
compile all contributions in one single document, and send it to you for
review, before submitting it to the IGF Secretariat. (Please note that the
31 July deadline mentioned in the IGF call does not apply to IGF
initiatives, hence our proposed timeline.)

As we have mentioned many times before, we think that SEEDIG is now ready
to engage in more activities besides its annual meetings. And an active
participation in the IGF intersessional work could be one significant step
in this regard. However, this will only be possible with your contribution,
which we look forward to receiving over the next few weeks.

We thank you in advance and we look forward to hearing from you. And we
also encourage you to further distribute this call within your communities.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this initiative, please do
not hesitate to contact us.

(on behalf of SEEDIG executive committee)