[Icann-see] Notes of ICANN-SEE informal meeting at ICANN54 in Dublin

Narine Khachatryan ms.narine.khachatryan at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 11:11:14 CET 2015

Dear all,

One comment.

During the SEE session in Dublin on october 20, 2015 the parallels have
been made  between national IGFs and EuroDIG. While I am in favor of
bringing all national IGFs, and particularly in SEE region, to the best
example of EuroDIG, is this still a wishful thinking?

My understanding of EuroDIG, in which I participated since 2009, is that
from the very beginning the processes (formation of orgteams and working
groups, suggestion of topics, formulation of workshops, choice of speakers
and reporters, etc)  were organized in a transparent and open manner so
that every interested individual and/or expert or organisation, ready to
dedicate time and knowledge, could join them at any stage.
Thank you, Wolf, Sandra and all, who helped to keep those standards
(intrinsic to a democratic society) high.

Now when we say, that we organized everything in the tradition and spirit
of EuroDIG, what do we mean?

Maybe in SEE we'd better start using terms 'rough transparency', 'rough
openness', 'rough bottom-up', etc.? I am trully willing to learn, and would
be very thankful for your ideas.

However, if we go ahead with the existing terms, I will not oppose.

Best regards,

Narine