[Icann-see] Notes of ICANN-SEE informal meeting at ICANN54 in Dublin

Dusan Stojicevic dusan at dukes.in.rs
Wed Oct 28 10:35:47 CET 2015

Dear Jean-Jacques, all

Like a person who attended this meeting remotely, which means with
limited functionality for participation, I found last part very
interesting and would like to talk further about strategy.
@JJ - ICANN's**engagement strategy - can we outline and explain (in
short) what is behind this, so everybody can understand. In other words
- what it means?
Can You give us some examples from other regions?
@all - what do You think about this idea? In the region, we have several
countries with signed agreement between government and ICANN. We have
others with domain registries and registrars who are already involved
(more-or-less) in ICANN.
Do we need this kind of strategy? If we need this, what kind of strategy
and what do You expect from the strategy?
You can see reaction in favor (as I understood), from Oksana and
Mirjana, with some suggestions.

Cheers,
Dusan

On 26.10.2015 17:08, Jean-Jacques Sahel wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> You will find below notes of the informal ICANN-SEE meeting held in
> Dublin last Tuesday.
>

> Please let me know if I have forgotten anything or you have a
> correction or addition to make. Also, please do share these notes with
> those you know who are not yet on the ICANN-SEE mailing list.
>
> Thanks, and I look forward to seeing you all very soon,
>
> Jean-Jacques
>
> *ICANN 54 South Eastern Europe, 20 October 2015***
>
> 18 participants, as well as all ICANN GSE Europe (Gabriella, Andrea,
> Renate, JJS) plus Sandra Hoferichter (Eurodig)
>
> In informal introductions, ICANN Vice-President for Europe
> Jean-Jacques Sahel noted how ICANN SEE was born from a similar
> informal meeting held during the ICANN50 meeting in London just over 1
> year ago. Only 8-9 people from the region gathered, who created the
> ICANN-SEE mailing list, which within weeks reached 70 people, and
> helped catalyse the organisation of several events in the region. One
> of the most notable events was the first ever ‘South East Europe
> Dialogue on Internet Governance’ (SEEDIG), which took place in Sofia,
> Bulgaria, on June 3^rd , in the run-up to the Eurodig. Today’s face to
> face ICANN-SEE meeting was an occasion to exchange informally among
> participants, including on ideas for the second SEEDIG.
>
> *1.**SEEDIG*
>
> Sorina Teleanu (Romania) noted that the Region has specific concerns
> and challenges. We should discuss them, and report them to the EuroDIG
> - we can go and present what happens. Specific issues include how
> Human Rights online are protected, IDNs, the Multi-StakeHolder model
> in Internet Governance. At the 1^st SEEDIG this year, we had 150
> participants from the region and beyond. The first SEEDIG had a
> capacity building aspect – what is IG, which are the organisations
> involved, what are the relevant issues for the region, how can we
> raise awareness in the region. Issues discussed including human rights
> in the region.
>
> The idea is to have the following process:
>
> oThe plan is to have an annual meeting, with the next SEEDIG to be
> hosted in Belgrade, Serbia in April. The whole event is being built as
> a bottom-up initiative, dependent on the community.
>
> oThere is an organising committee, not directing the process but only
> coordinating, dependent on community involvement.
>
> oA call for issues has been launched in conjunction with EuroDIG, for
> topics to be discussed in the meeting. Sandra Hoferichter (Eurodig)
> explained that proposing ideas under the call for issues is a simple
> way to input, not the same as committing to organising a workshop: the
> contribution is broad (ideas, speakers, moderators, topics).
>
> oThe Joint call for issues is open until the end of December. The
> organising committee will then compile the proposals, and organise an
> online meeting to discuss them and progress the preparations by
> [...]

---
Ova e-pošta je provjerena na viruse Avast protuvirusnim programom.