[Icann-see] News from Serbia

Dusan Stojicevic dusan at dukes.in.rs
Wed Oct 14 16:07:57 CEST 2015

Dear all,

Cold wheater and rain in Belgrade didn't succeed to stop us in our plan.
Serbian National Internet Domain Registry (RNIDS) organized several
events in a recent month, and I would like to share with You some short
infos:
*1.* Serbian Chamber of Commerce, INTA (International Trademark
Association) and RNIDS, have organized together event "Protection of
goods on the Internet", on 21th September in Belgrade. This topic manage
to gathere huge crowd, and on this event, we had participants from State
Customs Administration, State Police, State Prosecution, State Market
inspection, ISPs, holders of intellectual property rights, as well as
businessmen who are engaged in e-commerce.
*2.* On 24th and 25th September at the Zira Hotel in Belgrade RNIDS (the
Serbian National Internet Domain Name Registry Foundation) organised the
48th CENTR Legal and Regulatory Workshop, bringing together 23
participants from 16 national registries, as well as delegates from the
Council of European National Top-Level Domain Registries (CENTR). In
addition to European registries, the Canadian national registry was also
represented at the meeting.
*3.* The Faculty of Security Studies was the venue on 25th September for
an open lecture titled Big Data and Cyber-Security. The Serbian National
Internet Domain Name Registry Foundation (RNIDS) and the US Embassy in
Belgrade organised the talk in partnership with the Faculty of Security
Studies, the ETF (Faculty of Electrical Engineering) Students’ Union and
the PMF (Faculty of Sciences) Students’ Union.
*4.* RNIDS and ISOC Serbia organized on 6th October in Belgrade event
"Internet Access in Serbia: Problems, Challenges, Solutions". Among
Serbian experts, very good lecture came from Frederick Donck (ISOC) and
interesting Slovenian solutions in this topic came from Jan Žorž (ISOC,
RIPE).

According to the plan, we will have another series of events through the
whole October, which is, btw, ENISA month of cyber security.

Regards,
Dusan **
**

---
Ova e-pošta je provjerena na viruse Avast protuvirusnim programom.