[Icann-see] ICANN SEE / SEEDIG meeting, ICANN53 Buenos Aires, 23 June - Notes

Ana Kakalashvili anna.kakalashvili at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 11:16:08 CEST 2015

Morning everyone,

To respond to some of the above mentioned points:

*EuroDIG&SEEDIG*

I think, SEEDIG is a very important supplement to EuroDIG as SEEDIG brings
countries into discussion that is not always covered by EuroDIG (e.g.
Georgia or Armenia - that are not part of EU). Therefore, I personally
think, SEEDIG *should *stay with EuroDIG.

*SEEDIG next year*

I see Brussels as a (regionally) neutral but politically very important
place, where SEEDIG should raise its voice loud enough to be heard.
Depending on how many people will be there from SEE region, I wish to see
SEEDIG as a side/pre event or at least, as a session/plenary. I understand
the financial part of all this, but if we try hard and reach out potential
fundraisers, I'm sure we can bring enough people from SEE to Brussels.

The next morning after EuroDIG, at the breakfast, we also mentioned to have
SEEDIG's regional meeting, besides the one in Brussels. Marco, on behalf of
RIPE NCC, has expressed his willingness to help in this. RIPE NCC will
anyway have their SEE regional meeting next year, so SEEDIG can easily
coordinate and perhaps, merging two events would also be possible. I don't
know if you further discussed it, but I can check on that with RIPE NCC.

And regarding the venue: consider Georgia as a potential host, too :)  RIPE
NCC (and ISOC, too) had previous month a regional meeting here and they
(and I) have already enough resources and contacts to host next SEEDIG
meeting.

Looking forward hearing more from you all!

And have a nice day,
Ana

*Ana Kakalashvili*

*US Agency Peace Corps|Georgia*

*Address:* # 29a Vazha-Pshavela Ave , Tbilisi 0160, Georgia

*Mobile*: (+995 599) 470 300 / Office Phone: (+995 32) 224-12-20 Ext: 127

*Email:* *AKakalashvili at Peacecorps.gov* / *Anna.Kakalashvili at gmail.com
<Anna.Kakalashvili at gmail.com>* (personal)

--
*Ana Kakalashvili*