[Icann-see] For all participants in BA

Dusan Stojicevic dusan at dukes.in.rs
Thu Jun 18 22:04:10 CEST 2015

Dear friends,

As the preparation for the ICANN 53 meeting ramps up, I would like to
bring to your attention – so you can bring it to the attention of your
members – the work that’s happening in Universal Acceptance.

Universal Acceptance is the concept that all domain names are treated
equally by all applications.   This includes:

  * Upon Acceptance & Validation into an application
  * How they are stored by an application
  * How they are processed by an application
  * How they are displayed when they are displayed.

This is particularly relevant to IDNs – at the top level with IDN ccTLDs
and New gTLDs, but also at the second or third level where a ccTLD and
gTLD may accepted IDNs.

Since the ICANN Meeting in Singapore, the Universal Acceptance Steering
Group (UASG) has formed and they will have their first face-to-face
meeting on Sunday, the 21st of June at the ICANN53 meeting.  The
gathering will be in the Catalinas room starting at 10:00 am.  (I’ve
included the program at the end of this note).

This is an opportunity for those interested in the UA issue – and I hope
that many ccTLDs will be – to meet and develop plans for the year ahead.
  It is very much a working session.

There will also be a public session for those more interested, but less
passionate, on Monday at at 18:00 in Libertador C.

I hope that you will promote these sessions to your members – and indeed
that you may come along yourself if you have some spare time.   Did I
say that we’re providing a small lunch on Sunday?

I’m looking forward to seeing you in Argentina, with a slightly
different hat on.

With kindest regards…

Dusan

*Agenda*

*Universal Acceptance Workshop*

*Buenos Aires*

*Sunday, 21 June 2015*

*Catalinas Room*

*10:00 – 16:30*

/Prepared by/

/Don Hollander/

/Version 2015-06-08/

//

Remote Participation Manager

10:00 – 10:30

Welcome & Introduction

·Introduction to UASG – Ram Mohan

·Overview of Universal Acceptance – Generic UA Presentation – Don Hollander

·ICANN IT & UA – A Case Study

10:30 – 11:40

Top Line Issues – Work plan Development – Brent London

11:40 – 11:50

Break

11:50 – 13:15

International – Work plan Development – Dennis Tan & Dusan Stojcevic. //

13:15 – 13:45

Lunch Break

13:45 – 15:00

Measurement & Monitoring – Work plan Development – Mark McFadden

15:00 – 15:15

Break

15:15 – 16:00

Community Outreach – Work plan Development – Rich Merdinger & Christian
Dawson

16:00 – 16:20

Wrap-up and report back

---
Ova e-pošta je provjerena na viruse Avast protuvirusnim programom.