[Icann-see] Pre-EuroDIG South Eastern European Round Table

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Mon Nov 24 22:06:39 CET 2014

Dear Sorina and all,

first of all, thanks for this great inputs and comments (Dusan, Siranush etc.). I think feedbacks like from the Serbian IGF are very useful for this list!

And thanks so much Sorina for your detailed and substantial ideas on issues and format for a SEE pre-event next summer in Sofia. I fully agree that we have to start and develop this debate now already, using any national event in the region for outreach and preparing an event setting some new standards.

I like the suggested lines or working title for such an event "Multistakeholder Internet governance: from the global debates to the SEE realities". Because I see a variety of good and important principles (from CoE, the EU Commission etc.) which does not really fit, consider or comply with the given realities in SEE countries. And the themes you outlined below, Sorina, are so manifold and complex that we need a full day and more than one session at a pre-event for this.

Another relevant point you raised is the character of such sessions? Targeted on capacity building as a first or introductory part followed by a round table? Or: What are "Objective of the event and expected results?"

To organize this challenging org. process and event, I think, it would be good to have a steering group for this, as you suggested below, Sorina.

Thanks for any further comments and
best regards,
Wolf

EuroDIG Secretariat