[Icann-see] Updates on the executive/steering committees and proposed timeline for January (theme and topics for the round table)

Aida Mahmutovic aidamahmutovic.ba at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 14:07:05 CET 2014

Dear Sorina,
Thank you very much for your last overall email, and for keeping us all
very much updated, even tho we have been a bit silent lately.
I am sure this is due to the fact that end of the year brings a lot of
hectic final work to be done, holidays fever etc.
This is at least the case with me, in addition with the flu that I got in
last 5 days.
In every case my apologise for responding to you only now.

Below, in addition to your email, find my comments.

- with best wishes. Enjoy!

Dear all,

> I am writing again to give you some updates on the executive and steering
> committees and to propose, on behalf of the executive committee, a timeline
> of work for January.
>
> 1. Executive committee
>
> As a follow up to my last email and, in the absence of any objection with
> regard to the proposed executive committee, I am glad to inform you that
> this committee is now formed and ready to start work. Below is its
> composition:
> - Iliya Bazlyankov - Bulgaria - private sector (host of EuroDIG 2015)
> - Lianna Galstyan - Armenia - civil society
> - Aida Mahmutovic - Bosnia and Herzegovina - civil society
> - Dusan Stojicevic - Serbia - technical community
> - Sorina Teleanu - Romania - government

Congrats to all and look forward working with you.

> 2. Steering committee
>
> Few more persons have indicated their interest in being part of the
> "steering committee". A such, below is an updated list:
> - Haykaz Baghyan - Armenia - civil society
> - Andrea Beccalli - Italy - technical community (ICANN)
> - Anelia Dimova - Bulgaria - government
> - Aleksandar Icokaev - Republic of Macedonia - academia
> - Hristo Hristov - Bulgaria - government
> - Daniel Kalchev - Bulgaria - private sector
> - Lea Kaspar - Croatia - civil society
> - Narine Khachatryan - Armenia - civil society
> - Oksana Prykhodko - Ukraine - civil society
> - Oleksandr Tsaruk - Ukraine - government
> + anyone else (already on this mailing list or joining the process later)
> who would want to join.
> (Dusan, if Anelia and Hristo are not already subscribed to this mailing
> list, could you please add them? Here are their email addresses:
> hhristov at mtitc.government.bg, adimova at mtitc.government.bg)

It is great to see a lot of interest, and as well I look forward our work
together.

> 3. Proposed timeline for January
>
> As you know, an EuroDIG planning meeting will take place in Sofia on 27
> January and at least some of the members of the executive committee will be
> there. It would be good if we have at least a list of proposals for a
> general theme and of topics for discussions for the SEE round table, to
> present at the January meeting. A number of proposals have already been
> made during our previous discussions (I copy them below), but we think it
> would be useful to ask for more input during the following weeks, in order
> to develop a wider list of proposals.

Unfortunately, even tho it was in my plans, I will not be able to be at the
meeting in January in person.
Since we already have some proposed themes, I would suggest that we all *meet
online*, before the January meeting. This way it will be easier to gather
everybody's inputs in one place at the same time.
Sometimes, collecting inputs, especially since there is not a lot of time
until January meeting taking into consideration holidays, on the mailing
list takes a lot of time. Even tho I see below that there is online meeting
already planned - this would be a meting for both committees, again if this
would help with gathering inputs more effectively.
Until online meeting, we can all make proposals on our side to present.

> Therefore, we are proposing the following timeline:
>
> - 14 January: deadline for further input on theme and topics for the round
> table. In the following weeks, and up to 14 January, you are kindly invited
> to make further suggestions on a general theme and topics for the SEE round
> table or to indicate your support for one of the existing proposals (see
> the list below).  You are also invited to reach out to your own communities
> and to invite others to contribute, for a broader input.

Agree with this deadline. I already send an email to our comunity in BiH,
and hoping to hear from them soon.

> - 15 - 18 January: compilation of proposals (this will be done by the
> executive committee) and distribution to the entire list;

Agreed.

> - the week between 19-23 January: hold a virtual meeting for a first
> discussion on the proposals (those submitted via this list, as well as any
> proposal submitted in response to the general EuroDIG call for proposals,
> to the extend it is relevant to SEE). For this virtual meeting we can use
> the Webex platform (you might be familiar with it from previous IGF and
> EuroDIG meetings). Once we agree on a date (we can do a Doodle poll for
> this in early January), I can set up a Webex meeting and then send the
> participation details - and instructions on how to use Webex, if needed -
> to the list.

Since I will be traveling from the 20th January, 18th or 19th January would
work for me.  Webex will work. platform

> - 26-27 January: present the proposals and the outcome (if any) of the
> virtual discussions in the EuroDIG planning meeting in Sofia.

It would be great if we could have notes or at least conclusions from
January meeting in Sofia to be shared with the list, so that we can all be
at the same page and updated.
I know this can be very time consuming, so I thank you in advance.

--
Aida Mahmutović
+387 61 510 333
OneWorld SEE email: aida.mahmutovic at oneworldsee.org

Internet Rights are Human Rights.
Women's Rights are Human Rights.

This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain information that is
protected by  law as privileged and confidential, and is transmitted for
the sole use of the  intended recipient. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby  notified that any use, dissemination, copying or
retention of this e-mail or the  information contained herein is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this  e-mail in error, please immediately
notify the sender by telephone or reply  e-mail, and permanently delete
this e-mail from your computer system.